The Experimental Oceanography group is part of the Institut für Meereskunde at the Universität Hamburg. We teach on the BSc in Geophysics/Oceanography and MSc in Ocean and Climate Physics. More information about the degree programs is available here.
- Measurement methods. Instruments and platforms (in situ and remote sensing), and analysis techniques (programming) – lectures + training
- Fieldwork training. Planning, experience, analysing data and presenting results – lectures, seminars + training
- Rotating table and wind/wave tank – demonstrations + practical
- Supervising student projects. Please contact us for information about projects supervised or co-supervised by the EO group. – research
- Research cruises. Occasionally, by arrangement – practical
- Messmethoden & Fernerkundung (Measurement methods and remote sensing)
- Regionale Ozeanographie (Regional Oceanography)